Braces can correct a problem like misaligned and crooked teeth. Braces installation requires care from a dental professional who is trained in installation and maintenance of braces. Without braces, misaligned teeth can remain a problem that can last for a lifetime, causing other problems like extra wear and tear on the teeth and gum disease. Knowing the signs that you need braces is important. If you recognize the signs, you can seek help from a dentist in Hilliard, OH.
Signs You Need Braces
There are many signs that you need braces. Your dental professional is the one who will have to let you know if you need braces, so if you have any of the signs below, speak to your dentist.
- Your teeth are crowded, crooked or misaligned
- You often have cuts in your mouth from biting your tongue or a part of your mouth
- You have a hard time flossing or brushing
- Your jaw gets tired chewing
- Your teeth don’t close properly
- Your jaw makes a clicking noise when you chew
What Are the Signs Your Child Needs Braces?
If you’re a parent, you may be able to tell if your child needs braces by the following:
- Your child breathes through their mouth
- Your child has a jaw that clicks when they bite their teeth together
- Your child gets tired of chewing
- Your child complains of biting their tongue or the inside of their cheek frequently
- You’ve noticed your child’s teeth seem crooked or misaligned, and when they shut their mouth, their teeth don’t come together properly
What to Do If You Think You Need Braces
If you think you need braces, or if you think your child needs braces, talk to the dentist about the options. Braces may not be the only option for you. Your dentist may tell you that you have the option of installing braces or Invisalign clear aligners. To decide which one is best, talk to your dentist about the pros and cons of each.
By realigning your teeth, braces can make your teeth easier to maintain. If you believe you need braces in Hilliard, OH, speak with your dentist at Fishinger Dental today. Call our office to make an appointment.